We are a counseling practice and professional team that believes in developing personal, caring relationships with our clients. Time after time, clinical studies have proven that success in counseling isn’t about theory or techniques. It’s about relationships.
Specifically, the relationship between you and your counselor. We strive to make counseling a uniquely helpful and positive experience. A one size fits all approach doesn’t work. If people are individuals, shouldn’t counseling be individualized? We will work together to construct an approach that fits your needs and create an experience that helps you achieve progress.
Our treatment philosophy values a strength-based outlook. In other words, while we’ll carefully consider your issues and concerns, we’ll also spend a considerable amount of time leveraging what you do well and how to build on those strengths using scientifically supported counseling techniques. Counseling doesn’t have to be a long, drawn out process to be helpful. Sometimes all it takes is a small step in the right direction for you to move forward in your life. For more information on individual counseling, couples counseling, marriage counseling, career counseling, and psychological testing, please click here.
What Makes Us Different?
- Client care is our highest priority and it shows in everything we do. We offer direct care and support from start to finish. You’ll have a real conversation to help determine which therapist will be the ideal match for yourself or your family’s needs. From that point on you’ll schedule directly with your therapist. You will always be cared for by a licensed professional.
- We are a treatment team. We regularly consult with each other on cases so that you’ll have the benefit of the combined wisdom and expertise of all of our staff working closely together to create the best possible outcomes for you. Please know that we hold ourselves to the highest standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality. Your personal information is safe with us and stays within the confines of Focus Forward practice.
- Have you ever wondered whether your therapist has a job, a career, or a calling? We are a group of clinicians who are fueled by callings. We are passionate about our work and never forget the privilege we have to be able to help others.
- Ours is a value driven practice. We don’t just stick a mission statement on a plaque and ignore it. Our Core Values guide every decision we make.
Focus Forward Core Values
1. Do good.
2. Do the right thing every time and be true in your words and deeds.
3. Follow through on commitments to clients and colleagues.
4. Ask great questions, learn, innovate, and share.
5. Pursue excellence – go above and beyond in delivering service.
6. Bring fun and energy.
7. Pitch in and look for opportunities to help clients and colleagues.
8. Promote active, responsive engagement with clients, colleagues, and community partners.